Wednesday 11 January 2012

Papercraft EXPLORATION: Part One

To begin with I wanted to find a template of an existing Gundam figure, then see how I could build it up. As I still haven't had much look at the moment, I've moved on to building my own. The whole sculpture below has been entirely created from scratch, I haven't used any specific net design just a ruler and pencil. The shapes are influenced from existing Gundam papercraft models, as I wanted to create a robot like figure.

The next stage is to complete the model, add colour to build up a more completed piece of work.


THE BUG - 






FINISHED MODEL / BEFORE COLOUR -

This is the model, free hand created from scratch. From the previous images I have added the abdomen of the bug and also created a concertina hinge. The main idea was to keep the style as robotic as possible in order to relate to the papercraft of Gundam. 

Realistically I want to see how this turns out in colour, this way I could create more depth to the model and also add more authenticity from defining details. 







No comments:

Post a Comment