Sunday 13 February 2011

Book Binding Work Shop

To step away from digital/paper based design work, I found book binding a refreshing and extremely useful to skill to gain. I've always wandered how professionally you could actually bind and produce a book, but never really knew how easily it can be achieved with the right knowledge.

For the skin of my main zig zag fold book, I chose the colour yellow as it was part of my photoshop brief. The paper we used inside was cartridge, which made an ideal sketchbook/notebook. I also looked at methods of binding paper together using a needle and thread. These interesting ways eliminated the use for staplers and glue. I'm really happy I had the chance to learn this and will further my new found skill into future projects.





No comments:

Post a Comment