Monday 23 April 2012

IMAGE: Evaluation



BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGNLEVEL05
Module CodeOUGD202

Module TitleDESIGN PRODUCTION - DIGITAL


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME
MITCHELL WEAVER


1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them
Overall I think the main skill I have practiced throughout the module is my Illustration. From the brief we have done I now feel more confident and comfortable with incorporating this into my design work. I found my final outcomes from the type as image brief and book works to be the strongest, out of the module. I found it much more comfortable to applying my Illustrative work to different applications and formats,
2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
Creating a collaborative book was something I found exciting to produce, as It allowed myself and Eddie to create a joint piece of work with two different styles of Illustration. From this I now feel much more confident to creating publications myself and also allowing my drawings to be applied through various different media. Ultimately, I wanted to achieve something I felt proud of and this was one of the main pieces of work I felt I did justice to.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
Realistically, It has to be Illustration as it is something I feel more compelled and driven to creating pieces throughout design work. This has clarified exactly what I am going to focus on producing throughout the rest of the degree in order to start using different techniques throughout image based design. Incorporating digital manipulation, media and traditional hand drawn methods.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
Quantity of work, and structure. I found it difficult to keep up to date with my ideas and ambitions throughout each brief as I wanted to concentrate all my efforts on image, but with other work going on around I found it difficult to keep up. Being more organised and efficient is what I need to throughout my practice, in order to keep my work flowing and continuously being developed.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
- Not waste time, my more efficient and experimental.
- Calculate time needed to be spent on a brief.
- Be more focussed.
- Experiment with different techniques of image based design.
- Get work printed.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

12345
Attendance


x
Punctuality


x
x
Motivation



x

Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced




Quality of work produced

x

Contribution to the group


x


The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment