Friday 27 April 2012

Potential Briefs -



Shown below are the four potential briefs I want to work with, and have been looking at. Although we were asked to chose one from the YCN website, I didn't feel that any of the briefs listed would benefit myself and direction I want to take for this project.

_ D&AD - 'Little White Lies' + 'Oakley'
_ ISTD - 'It happened on this day'
_ Cheltenham Illustration Awards - 'Tales of Magical Objects.

These are the four briefs I have chosen to analyse and evaluate in order to understand how I can negotiate, what I want with what I can do relating to the brief. Looking through them all, the strongest briefs in terms of limitations, direction and practice were from D&AD as they seemed to evoke a much more clearer understanding. The other two were extremely unclear, and require a larger breadth of initial research in order to gain a clearer direction of design.




ºººº


π


NOTES / Pro's & Con's -

As I wanted to weigh up my options, to actually asses the possibilities of my own practice, what I want to do and how I could best utilise the options I have in front of me to relate to my own brief. Each brief has a more effective, possibilities and outcomes that need to investigated and put into perspective. To allow a whole range of potential pieces of design.



No comments:

Post a Comment