Monday 6 February 2012

Compact Disc

*


BLANK DISC - 

60p / 4.7GB / DVD-R 

As I need to burn my files onto a compact disc, the next step is to create packaging suitable for the context & also the CD itself. At the moment I want to look at the overall appearance & packaging, in order to analyse specific parts that make up the box and product. 

By doing this I can begin to work from here, then effectively deliver / develop an idea. 





- IDEAS / VISUALISATIONS 

To get a much more in depth understanding on how a piece of CD packaging could be constructed, I have started to create simple examples using an Isometric grid. This will allow me to have perspective in which I can work around. 


- ROUGH MOCK UPS

Although the packaging here is extremely basic, and doesn't really apply any printing techniques or appropriations to the content of the motion graphics. There are still key factors supporting otherwise. 

The coloured stock can be related directly to the vibrant colours situated on the Munnyworld vinyl toys, also it compares with the simplicity of design that each toy features. 

As you receive a free 'Hello My Name Is' crad, I wanted to see how that could be effectively placed onto a CD sleeve. The most obvious solution would be to directly create a stick that conceals the disc until opened. 







- PACKAGING TEMPLATES 







No comments:

Post a Comment